Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how to initiate a BIM project, including:
- Setup project information / energy analysis settings & parameters.
- Develop intelligent spaces and zones using industry best practices.
- Define Space & Zone Energy Analysis data for load densities, service types, and conditions and constructions.
- Understand how to leverage an analytical model to perform heating & cooling loads analysis with reporting.
- Create sun path simulations to analyze the sun’s impact on a model.
- Create Color Fills / Legends.
- Create Loads/Balancing/Airflow Design schedules.
- Define mechanical systems, including:
- Locating, placement and modification of air terminals.
- Create Logical System Connections for supply, return, exhaust, hydronic supply and return, sanitary, and others.
- Operate and define Revit’s systems browser to user specifications.
- Specify mechanical duct and mechanical pipe settings.
- Design duct systems using industry best practices.
- Design piping systems using industry best practices
This course is mainly intended for MEP Engineers or MEP Draftsmen who are new to the concept of BIM (Building Information Modeling) in general and Revit MEP in particular. Other professionals who have some basic modeling understanding may also attend if they wish to firmly grasp the essential concepts of Revit MEP.