Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations CIPS Level 2
Supply Chain Management
TThe CIPS Level 2 Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations is aimed at people who are new to the world of procurement and is designed to cover the basic principles of purchasing, procurement, and supply.
The ideal qualification if you’re just starting your career in procurement or if procurement and supply are part of your role. It will enable you to recognise and describe the key processes in procurement and build your professional knowledge and competence.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with:
• A clear understanding of the principles of effective public procurement, the generic procurement process and the role of corporate and transactional procurement
• The capability to plan, implement and evaluate a sourcing process appropriate to the value/risk of the category being procured
• Knowledge of what rules and procedures govern UN and public procurement – and why they exist
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
• Describe the principles of effective procurement, the UN procurement process, and the role of procurement
• Understand the activities associated with effective procurement projects
• Conduct procurement planning and stakeholder management
• Write specifications and effective terms of reference (TOR)
• Choose appropriate procurement methods (RFQ, ITB, RFP)
• Select advertisement method and type of competition
• Understand do’s and don’ts when drafting bidding documents
• Invite and evaluate bids and proposals
• Practise ethics and integrity in procurement
• Understand what rules and procedures apply to UN and public procurement
• Appreciate the relevance of these rules and understand why they exist
Who should attend ?
- Administrative assistant
- Purchasing assistant
- Contracts Administrator
- Stock controller
This programme is available through our Distance Learning programme and is designed to provide an overview for anyone who is interested in developing their knowledge of purchasing and for those who are new to the purchasing function.
- NC1 Principles – 60 MCQs. Select one correct answer from four options. There will be 15 MCQs testing each learning outcome.
- NC2 Functions – 60 MCQs. Select one correct answer from four options. There will be 20 MCQs testing each learning outcome.
- NC3 Processes – 60 MCQs. Select one correct answer from four options. There will be 20 MCQs testing each learning outcome.
- NC4 Administration – 60 MCQs. Select one correct answer from four options. There will be 20 MCQs testing each learning outcome.
- NC5 Stakeholders – 60 MCQs. Select one correct answer from four options. There will be 15 MCQs testing each learning outcome.
CIPS Unit NC1 – Procurement and Supply Principles
CIPS Unit NC2 – Procurement and Supply Functions
CIPS Unit NC3 – Procurement and Supply Processes
CIPS Unit NC4 – Procurement and Supply Administration
CIPS Unit NC5 – Procurement and Supply Stakeholders
CIPS LEVEL 2