Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS, NFPA-USA)
Safety Management Training
As a professional dedicated to curtailing physical and financial loss due to fire, you shoulder tremendous responsibility. Through CFPS certification, you can gain the knowledge and proficiency required to ensure the highest level of fire protection for your Organization and facility.
Certified Fire Protection Specialist is an internationally recognized credential that speaks to your commitment to fire protection and distinguishes you as someone who is willing to invest the time and effort to enhance your career. Certificate holders come from a wide variety of disciplines including the fire service, insurance, design, manufacturing, consulting, and asset, property, and facilities management fields.
The purpose of the Certified Fire Protection Specialist credential is to recognize, through certification, qualified individuals who are dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial, and who have acquired a level of professionalism through applied work experiences and related educational opportunities, and through successful completion of a certification examination.
The goal of the CFPS program is to promote the discipline of fire protection and prevention. A specific degree is not mandatory for obtaining your CFPS designation. The credential is a balance of education and experience and provides an opportunity for the fire protection specialist to achieve professional recognition. The National Fire Protection Association maintains certification and recertification criteria as related to fire protection specialists.
CFPS certification provides two distinct opportunities for candidates. First, the process provides the individual with a period of self-assessment and self-improvement during the process of preparing for the examination and documenting the professional experience. Second, achievement of certification provides the individual with the recognition by his or her peers and employers or potential employers.
Who should attend ?
The title of CFPS shall be awarded to any candidate with a proportional balance of education and experience; and who has successfully passed an examination attesting to that level of educations and experience.
To be eligible to take the CFPS examination, candidates must document on the registration form that they meet one of the following criteria:
1. High school diploma, plus six years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
2. Associate’s degree in engineering, technology or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus four years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
3. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
A minimum scaled score of 70 is required to pass the examination.
Exam Fee :
The CFPS application fee is $350.
The Retest Fee is $125
Section 1 : Safety in the Built Environment
Section 2 : Basics of Fire and Fire Science
Section 3 : Information and Analysis for Fire Protection
Section 4 : Human Factors in Emergencies
Section 5 : Fire and Life Safety Education
Section 6 : Characteristics of Materials and Products
Section 7 : Storage and Handling of Materials
Section 8 : Special Equipment
Section 9 : Processes and Facilities
Section 10 : Building Services
Section 11 : Fire Prevention Practices
Section 12 : Non-Emergency Fire Department Functions
Section 13 : Organizing for Public Sector Emergency Response
Section 14 : Detection and Alarm
Section 15 : Water Supplies for Fixed Fire Protection
Section 16 : Water-Based Fire Suppression Equipment
Section 17 : Fire Suppression Systems and Portable Fire Extinguishers
Section 18 : Confining Fires
Section 19 : Structural Fire Protection
Section 20 : Protecting Occupancies
Section 21 : Transportation Fire Safety
All the Codes Related to NFPA
Our Value Added Services
- Complete Learning Materials
- We Provide CFPS , NFPA Handbook Soft Copy
- NFPA Certified & Industry Experienced Experts as Trainers
- Exam Preparation Guide – Soft Copy
- We Provide Past Exam Q& A
- Full-Length Exam Simulation
- Real Exam Simulation Exercises
- Assistance for CFPS Application Process
- Free Retrain until you pass the CFPS Exam