Certified Cost Professional (CCP™)
CCP (Certified Cost Professional) is a certification granted by the Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) to individuals who possess fundamental knowledge and expertise in cost and project controls.AACE International’s Certified Cost Professional certification course is an independently accredited certification by the Council of Engineering & Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) and the International Cost Engineering Council (ICEC).CCP certification distinguishes cost and management professionals who have the knowledge and skills that impact the bottom line. AACE certification ensures a high quality standard.
The certified cost professional training course provides detailed coursework of cost management, based on the Skills and Knowledge of cost engineering that is published by AACE International. There are 4 key modules to the course, which include cost estimation and control, project management, basic cost engineering, and engineering economics.
The certified cost professional course also includes a basic overview of Total Cost Management framework that is published by AACE International. Upon complete of this course, students will have the technical knowledge and expertise to be certified cost engineers and to apply good practices and principles in terms of total cost management to execute and manage organizational programs and projects.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of the CCP training course, participants will understand the concepts of and be able to apply what they have learned in the following areas:
- Basic Cost Engineering
- Engineering Economics (Economic Analysis)
- Cost Estimation and Control
- Project Management
Who should attend ?
This is a highly recommended program for all construction industry professionals, viz., Project Managers, Engineers, Consultants, Cost Estimators, Controllers, Accountants, Quantity Surveyors or anyone who leads, manages or supports project planning and execution.
Top 10 Reasons to Earn AACE Certification
- Grants your professional credentials by providing an impartial endorsement of your knowledge and expertise.
- Shows your professional commitment and ability to perform to your peers, supervisors, and clients.
- Results in greater recognition from peers for taking that extra step in your professional development.
- Enhances your professional image by developing certified professionals who stand out as examples of excellence.
- Reflects your personal achievement of proving excellence in your field and meeting industry standards and requirements.
- Can improve career opportunities by giving you the “edge” when being considered for a promotion or other opportunities.
- May provide for greater earnings potential through salary and wage increases based on your certification status.
- Improves your skills and knowledge through training, study, and “keeping up” with the industry via the recertification requirements.
- Prepares you for greater on-the-job responsibilities by proving that you have invested in your own professional development.
- Enriches self-esteem by allowing you to distinguish yourself beyond your job title or academic degree.
Submit the application, work/education verification and fees by the due date posted on AACE International website. A minimum 2500 word technical paper must be submitted along with your application
There are two steps in making an application for the CCP exam: Application & Payment and Supporting Documentation.
All candidates must make application and remit payment online or submit a downloadable application with payment information provided.
Certification fees are US$ 450 for AACE Members and
US$ 575 for Non-Members. All fees are non-refundable.
All candidates must submit experience/education verification documentation AND the required MS Word formatted 2,500 minimum word technical papers to AACE Certification staff.
The CCP exam contains two components: the multiple choice written exam and the 2,500 word technical paper. Both components must meet the minimum overall score of 70% in order to successfully pass the exam.
The exam is delivered through computer based testing (CBT) and is comprised of multiple-choice and compound, scenario questions. The topics covered in the exam are: Basic Cost Engineering Skills & Knowledge, Economic Analysis, Project Management, and Cost Estimating and Control.
The Certification Board recommends your technical paper topic be something with which you are already familiar, such as a project you have done at work or something in which you have acquired a great deal of expertise in your professional career. The chosen topic is not as important as your ability to communicate through your paper. Be sure to follow the recommendations described in the Certification Paper Requirements (How to Write a Technical Paper) guide.
The Computer Based Test is a 120 MCQ 5 hour continuous four part closed book exam. However, formula guides were developed to assist in calculating specific questions and available onscreen, when, and if, needed. Candidates are also permitted to bring any style of calculator, including programmable calculators, to use during the exam.
- Part I – Supporting Skills & Knowledge
- Part II – Economic Analysis
- Part III – Project Management
- Part IV – Cost Estimating and Control
CBT exams are conducted by http://www.kryteriononline.com/ around the year. Check your testing center location and working hours at this website.
To schedule you’re CBT, logon to this website http://www.webassessor.com/aace
Pass the examination
To become a CCP, an overall passing score of 70% must be achieved in the multiple choice exam AND a 70% score for the technical paper, as determined by the Certification Board.
1. Cost Elements
6. Equipment, Parts and Tools
7. Economic Costs
8. Activity-Based Cost Management
Section 2: Cost Estimating
10. Process Product Manufacturing
11. Discrete Product Manufacturing
Section 3: Planning & Scheduling
Section 4: Progress & Cost Control
14. Progress Measurement and Earned Value
15. Earned Value for Variable Budgets
16. Tracking Cost and Schedule Performance
17. Performance and Productivity Management
Section 5: Project Management
18. Project Management Fundamentals
19. Project Organization Structure
20. Project Planning
21. Project Labor Cost Control
22. Leadership and Management of Project People
23. Quality Management
24. Value Analysis
25. Contracting for Capital Projects
26. Strategic Asset Management
Section 6: Economic Analysis
27. Basic Engineering Economics
28. Applied Engineering Economics
Section 7: Statistics, Probability, & Risk
29. Statistics & Probability
30. Basic Concepts in Descriptive Statistics
31. Risk Management
The purpose of recertifying is to ensure that the candidate maintain the same level of knowledge originally demonstrated when you passed the written examination.
Individuals holding CCP certifications must recertify every three years from the date of their original certification. Recertification is required to assure that AACE International Certified individuals are competent with new and current developments within their field.
Two Ways to Recertify
- The Professional Credit Plan is the most popular choice for recertification. It requires the accumulation of 15 recertification points over a 3 year period Examination.
- Sit for the exam. Recertification by reexamination requires you to pass the certification examination every 3 years.